Over the years I've studied with many composers and pianists including John Cage, Terry Riley, Robert Ashley, Larry Austin, Richard Swift, Kenneth Wright, John Barnes Chance, Nathan Rubin, Naomi Sparrow, Bernard Abramovitch, and Nathaniel Patch. My earliest piano teachers were Margie Murphy and Helen Lipscomb.
- New York University half the course work toward a Ph.D. in music education (incomplete)
- Mills College MA Composition and an MFA in piano performance
- University of California at Davis BA Music
- University of Kentucky piano performance major
My MFA "thesis" was a piano recital of primarily 20th century works including a west coast premier of Christian Wolf, some Morton Feldman, John Cage, John Dinwiddie, Anthony Gnazzo, Anderson, along with the Stravinsky SONATA and L'UNION by Gottschalk.
- K-12 New York State in Music
- NYC Board of Education certificate for Music in the Day High Schools
- 9-12 Music in the state of Kentucky
- California Community College Instructor in Music
| Home | Compositions | Publishers | Awards & Commissions | Recordings | Work | Education | Writings | Biographies and Reviews | Speeches | Venues | Interviews | Photo Album
Copyright 2003-2006 Beth Anderson
Last Updated September 9, 2006